Virginia Distillery Co.
The late Dr. George G. Moore had a great passion for single malt whisky and his adopted home in Virginia. A native Irishman, George came to the U.S. in the 1970’s to seek new opportunities. In 2011, after many years of building successful businesses in both the U.S. and Ireland, George finally had the chance to combine his two passions when he started Virginia Distillery Company. Today, George’s wife, Angela Moore and their son, Gareth Moore, along with his wife, Maggie Moore, have taken the helm to continue building George’s dream. From the impeccable quality of the ingredients they source, to the years spent perfecting their maturation process, Virginia Distillery Co. makes whisky their way – never sacrificing the best for the easier, safer path.
- Tasting Room
- Group Tours
- Bottle Shop
- Private Events
Lovingston, VA 22949
Visitors Center operations are paused until October 2020. Please visit www.vadistillery.com/experience-and-events for updates. Shipping options are available for Virginia residents and nationwide. Buy two or more bottles and get $1 shipping. Visit their online store for more information.
Our Distillery in the News
- August 1, 2020DISTINCTION MAGAZINE: Virginia-based distillery is leading a movement to define American single malt whisky
- July 8, 2020WHISKY ADVOCATE: 4 American Single Malt Whiskeys to Try Now
- March 1, 2020GARDEN & GUN: Southern Whiskey, Scottish Brogue
- November 12, 2019LIVABILITY.COM: 5 Unexpected Regions in the US Producing Great Whiskey
- October 24, 2019DRINKHACKER.COM: Review: Virginia Distillery Prelude: Courage & Conviction American Single Malt Whisky
- December 19, 2019FORBES: A Boozy Holiday Wishlist: Nine Whiskeys In Nine Whiskey Styles