Naughty or Nice
- 1.5 oz Vitae Spirits Modern Gin
- 3/4 oz cranberry shrub
- 3/4 oz orange blossom simple syrup
- Rosemary sprig
1. Produce orange sugar: Using a peeler remove orange zest in long strips and place in a bowl with sugar. Muddle orange zest with sugar, cover, and then let sit for a minimum of an hour. Remove zest from bowl and discard, while reserving the oily sugar.
2. Juice the orange and set it aside.
3. Add cranberries and vinegar to blender and blend until pureed.
4. Combine cranberry-vinegar mixture, orange juice, and orange sugar in a non-reactive container then allow to steep at room temperature for at least two days.
5. Strain off solids through a fine strainer or cheese cloth and retain the cranberry shrub liquid.
1 large orange
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups cranberries
1 cup apple cider vinegar