Cherry Walnut Old Fashioned
- 1½ oz toasted walnut and vanilla bean infused Port Cask Finished Virginia-Highland Whisky*
- ½ tsp Luxardo cherry juice
- ½ tsp brown sugar syrup**
- 3 drops chocolate bitters
- Luxardo cherry to garnish
Combine ingredients in an Old Fashioned glass. Add ice and stir. Garnish with a Luxardo cherry.
*Recipe for toasted walnut and vanilla bean infused Port Cask Finished Virginia-Highland Whisky: Pour 750 ml bottle of Port Cask Finished Virginia-Highland Whisky into a container with ½ cup lightly toasted walnuts (toast in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, flip halfway through). Add one split vanilla bean and let sit for at least four days.
**Recipe for brown sugar syrup: Combine 2 cups water and 2 cups brown sugar over medium heat, stirring until brown sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool. Store refrigerated for up to one week. Yields 2 ½ cups